понедельник, 16 мая 2016 г.

BELL / THE ORIGINAL SHORT MOVIE SCRIPT




                                                                                  
  BELL

The original short movie script






DARK SCREEN
A faint scuff of senile feet is heard. Intermittent heavy man's breathing and a sound of a stick. A light bell sound is heard after each pad.

INT. SUBWAY

We see crowds of feet. Among them there are male feet in old shoes and a stick.
Somewhere, fast beside, a sound of falling token coin into the turnstile is heard, then again the same sound is heard, and again the same one. The departing train’s noise drowns out all sounds. A moment later, again the turnstile sound is heard and quickly approaching women’s heels

INT. SUBWAY
Fragile gams in expensive high-heeled shoes are coming to man’s feet.

WOMAN’S VOICE
Dad! Come on! How many times I have to tell you not extend away from me! I’ve nearly to loose my mind… Nothing remains with you but lack of headache! Let’s go … I need to manage and take you there in time. I’m already late…

Suddenly a faint ringtone sounded, a handbag zip rasped, ringtone is heard louder. Gams are making some steps aside.

WOMAN’S VOICE
 (in whisper is talking on phone)
I’m so tired … Really exhausted… He is like a small kid … Don’t go there – he goes, don’t do that – he does… I do understand but …
(shouts)
Dad, stay there!
(again in whisper)
I will call you back later, I need to take him first… After to birthday party, so okay, cya!

The gams are clattering faster ahead, stop at man’s. The man is clearing his throat.


OLD MAN’S VOICE
My dear, I wasn’t always like this… I can go around this subway from my memory… Your mom never noticed my defect…

WOMAN’S VOICE
(interrupting)
That you might be not noticed … She suffered a lot. Let’s better catch a taxi.

OLD MAN’S VOICE
No, let’s by subway. I really ask you … Please… This is South Ferry, isn’t it?

The woman sighs.

WOMAN’S VOICE
All right!

Vividly the gams are clattering on subway’s floor. Following, trying to get, scuffing the man’s. A stick clatters alternately. The bell sounds with every its hit.

ANOTHER WOMAN’S VOICE
Be careful, watch your steps.

OLD MAN’S VOICE
Don’t worry!.. I mean, I’m with my daughter.

A sound of approaching train is heard. The doors are opening. The noise of people, steps’ sounds are mixing with the sound of the stick, bell and woman’s heels.

WOMAN’S VOICE
Hurry up, dad! We’ll catch it, probably?!

OPERATOR’S VOICE
South Ferry station. Dear passengers, please, don’t leave your things when out!

OLD MAN’S VOICE
I saw your mom first in this station… She was so beautiful!.. This bell hung on her handbag …

We see the stick that hits the floor, the bell sounds.

WOMAN’S VOICE
I’ve already heard that dad…

OPERATOR’S VOICE
Stand clear of the closing door…

The woman sighs, her legs stop, man’s as well.
The compartment doors are heard to be closed, the train departs with a sound noise.

OLD MAN’S VOICE
…time to time it belled silently, when she walked. At that time I thought what an incredible girl… lake an angel who was telling to everybody that he is here. I asked her about the bell and she smiled me sincerely in return, but then yet told me that it was a grandma’s present, and it will help to find the love… Perhaps, you don’t know but today is sixty years back from the day…

The woman sighs.
WOMAN’S VOICE
Dad, do be patient a bit… I will settle my business and take you to me.

OLD MAN’S VOICE
You don’t worry about me darling, I will cope somehow…

The man’s and woman’s feet are standing in front of each other. The shoes sound becomes more frequent and various. This sound is merged with train’s one.

A dim ringtone is heard.
  
WOMAN’S VOICE
(irritatingly)
Who is there again?!. Dad, stay closer don’t go!

The woman’s legs are standing at place, one of them is striking nervously the floor.

Again the handbag zip rasped. The ringtone is heard more clear.

WOMAN’S VOICE
Hello!?.

Among subway’s sounds an old man’s scuff is heard, a pad and light clanging.

OLD MAN’S VOICE
Hello my, darling! You’ve heard the bell, haven’t you?.. You are alone without me, aren’t you? I’m coming, coming…

INT. SUBWAY

A crowd of legs in various footwear is hastening each his own way.
The senile feet against time are bounding for thru the crowd, the stick pads, the bell rings.
The sound of stick and bell becomes more frequent. An approaching train is heard. The stick makes some more pads over the granite platform, the bell rings. A groaning train’s brake is heard. The thud. The bell’s indistinct sound breaks the silence and…

The woman’s outcry…

THE END


27 комментариев:

  1. Анонимный16 мая 2016 г., 10:30

    Елена, гениальное произведение!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Анонимный16 мая 2016 г., 10:32

    Elena,
    you are very talented!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. This post is absolutely beautiful!


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. Great post!

    New on www.makeartnotlove.blogspot.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. This was intriguing...and I LOVE that photo at the end :)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  6. nice done (Y) check mine www.raxhax.tk or raxhax.blogspot.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
  7. Анонимный23 мая 2016 г., 11:20

    Elena,
    you are so talented! xx

    ОтветитьУдалить
  8. Надо повнимательнее почитать вечером, всегда очень было интересно, как пишут сценарии.

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Желаю приятного прочтения!

      Удалить
  9. Oh this is so sad and sweet at the same time. Very well written.
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ОтветитьУдалить