суббота, 28 сентября 2013 г.

HELLO, DAD / THE ORIGINAL SHORT MOVIE SCRIPT





                                               
                                                                                 HELLO, DAD.


The original short movie script


                                         




EXP. HUMAN BODY INSIDE

The heart is not beating. Contraction some seconds later began blood pumping. It slowly runs in veins.

INT. HOSPITAL WARD. TWO WEEKS BACK.

A man of sixty is sitting on bed, writing a letter. Momently he looks away, clenches the letter. Takes off his glasses, wipes his tears, and throws the letter in the trash. Having stood up, he, wiggling slightly and resting upon the crutch comes out in the corridor.

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR. NOWADAYS

Lora of thirty anxiously entering the ward. A nurse of fifty is sitting at reception.

NURSE
(Severely)

You cannot today. The reception hours are on door opposite side.

LORA
(begging)

But, I really need. My dad is here, realize please, if I don’t see him today, hardly will make my mind to come over again …

NURSE
(cautiously)

But what is his last name? Will see now what ward is and if visitors even could see him now.

The nurse rapidly takes record book.

LORA

Gregory Paul.

The nurse stops searching, looking at Lora with relief.

NURSE

Is that you?!..

INTERIOR. HOSPITAL. TWO DAYS BACK.

Paul, silently groaning, and leaning on the wall comes out the ward. A young man is passed by on gurney, loudly moaning. Paul follows the unfortunate by his eyes, and sighs heavily.

PAUL

Seems, neither God nor Devil cares of him …

The nurse takes medicine jar and puts in front of Paul.

PAUL

I’m sick and tired of it, take it off. Better you give me blank paper! Frankly, I’ve never written letters so I spoiled all those you gave me …

NURSE

No way. You won't last out long with your kidneys, come on drink and I’ll give you the paper.  

PAUL

You tell me, why do I need this?! Sooner or later will give my soul to the God …

NURSE

But why don’t you just simply call her?!

PAUL

Look, I’ve never done something good for relatives in my miserable life, and it comes now, I call her, as if claiming attention. No. Haven’t deserved such mercy, even though from my own child …

The nurse sighs and is nodding with understanding. Shoving a glass of medicines, waits until he drinks. Then takes out notebook from the bedside table and offers to Paul. He takes it in to his hands, and, shuffling his feet, returns to his ward.

INT. THE WARD. NIGHT

The nurse carefully looks inside the ward. Paul is sitting on the edge of the bed and talking with his mirror in the window. The sheets of scribbled notebook are torn and scattered around. The upside-down chair is lying on the floor with his personal belongings.


PAUL
(talking to himself)

My dear child, I feel so hard now! How do I want to tell you that I'm feeling right now. I’m left to live only a few days - my heart feels like I soon die. But how do I leave when I know I'm such a bastard! Your mother was right - I'm a bastard and a coward ...
Having seen the mess, the nurse excitedly went to Paul. She looked at the clock. Then put her bag on the floor. She took up the chair and gathered all the things scattered around the ward, and then, sat beside him.


NURSE
(cautiously)

What is the matter with you, Paul? May you need me to bring a sedative? Look, my shift is over. Tell me, while I have not gone ...

PAUL
(holding hands around the throat)

There’s such hurricane inside – no survived place in my heart left, and the words of living can not squeeze out myself. Would have died - yet my Lord extends sufferings, as if I forgot to do something in this world. But how shall I announce after thirty years? To disappear again? .. Now there forever! And who am I then?


NURSE

Understand, it’s easy by fist on the table for our man, and soul gulped with whiskey, than beg for mercy…

PAUL
(nearly losing his mind)

When I was sound didn’t even think to look for her, and when at death’s door – that come out changed my mind?

NURSE

Easy, take it easy my friend, no panic will solve the problem, lie down. We’ll figure out something with you …, just be calm. It’s better you sleep …

INT. LORA’S APPARTMENT. TWO DAYS BACK

The woman’s hand rings the doorbell. Nobody opens. She takes out envelope from her purse and shoves it under the door. Having waited some more seconds, the woman comes in to the elevator and goes down. After some seconds later, the door is opening, and Lora appears on the sill. See notices letter, picks it up, reads the addressee, opens the envelope excitedly and takes out badly rumpled paper.

Text of letter:

Lora’s voice slightly goes as man’s.

“Hello, my dear child! The biggest coward is writing to you. Since I can remember, I’ve always been a coward, but if only I were ten years younger, I would hardly admit that. Here again I’m scared as I didn’t have courage to pick up the receiver and just call you – instead I’m only blurs the paper. I can’t speak fancy and even more to write, so will say briefly: I’m sorry, my dear child. Sorry for I have left you with mum thirty years back to the mercy of fate! No excuse for that to me after all. I was fool and afraid to lose my independence, scared to be father, family breadwinner; as it is easily to live that way, like a rolling stone. And if only I could have it all back, I would give a life for you! But, I understand: right now you definitely don’t need that with mum. Please forgive me if you can.”

INT. HOSPITAL. NOWADAYS

The nurse looks at Lora excitedly.

NURSE

I'm very sorry you are not in time. Paul died last night. His letter… he was not able to send you – I did it for him.

LORA
(shocked)

You know, I never felt void during my father’s absence. Another girl, I forced myself to believe that my father is sonofobitch - so it was easier to live, you know? But right now, my heart is torn to pieces, I now hardly ever be able to put it together ...

NURSE

I remember your father as a repentant sinner. He chastised himself from day to day - and by thought and deed - refusing to take medicine. And refused to look for you, not willing to become a burden. Maybe he's a bad father and husband, but he never has been a bad man! Come with me, I'll show you something.


INT. THE WARD. NOWADAYS

A young man lies on the bed covered in bandages.

LORA

Why you got me here?

NURSE

Because your father was a frequent visitor here. I think that he is still here…


INT. THE WARD. ONE WEEK BACK

Paul signs documents to the donation of his heart.


INT. THE WARD. NOWADAYS

NURSE

Your father very reproved himself for he hasn’t done something good in his life. And when he saw this guy, he decided immediately to save his life ... The heart of your dad is beating now in his chest

Lora is able to reply nothing, the tears squeezing her soul. She comes closer to the patient, with her hand shivering touches his chest.

EXP. HUMAN BODY INSIDE

The heart beats calmly. The blood pulsing through the veins.

INT. THE WARD

LORA
(with relief)

Hello, dad…


The end.




36 комментариев:

  1. Очень трогательно!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. "Hello, dad..."- это очень сильное место...

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Елена, мне очень нравится ваш блог, поэтому я номинировала вас на The versatile blogger award. Вся информация об этом в моем блоге 07.10.2013 ))

      Удалить
  3. Wow, amazing. I like the style of your writing. Great job. :)

    You're welcome to check out my new post
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!
    You are so talented!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. Твои творения очень трогательны и берут за живое...

    ОтветитьУдалить
  6. Твои творения очень трогательны и берут за живое...

    ОтветитьУдалить
  7. We love the way you write! so creative. we envy your talent :(

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ОтветитьУдалить
  8. Hey lovely, just came across your blog and it's great! Really love this post, great writing!

    Now following you! Please check out my blog if you can:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thank you! :) xoxox

    ОтветитьУдалить
  9. Impressive writing great job. Thank you for visiting my blog following you by bloglovin follow back thanks.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
  10. Ow this is so beautiful! Love your writing dear :)
    Followed your blog!
    -xo, Milene from stylingjeans.blogspot.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
  11. Thaոk yoս for the good writeup.

    my blog post: how to pick up girls at a bar

    ОтветитьУдалить